Beste Marco,

My name is Mark Moritz and I am an assistant professor in Anthropology at the Ohio State University. Unfortunately, I will be missing your talk on agent-based modeling at OSU because I am conducting fieldwork in Cameroon in March. I just wanted to send a quick note because I was looking forward to meeting you.

I study pastoral systems in Africa and my current research project examines a situation of management of open access in the Logone floodplain in Cameroon. In previous research we found evidence for an ideal free distribution (IFD) of mobile pastoralists. My hypothesis is that this IFD is a case of emergent complexity. To test this hypothesis, I am combining spatial and ethnographic analyses with agent-based modeling.

I know that you have written much about common property regimes and agent-based modeling and would have loved to discuss our respective research projects. Hopefully another time.

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Mark

P.S. Ik ben Nederlands maar ik schrijf makkelijker over mijn onderzoek in het engels.

Dr. Mark Moritz
Assistant Professor
Department of Anthropology
The Ohio State University