Hello!

My name is Jonas Sundberg. I'm interested in your project idea to
implement a cross platform version of StrSafe.h and would like to
introduce myself and ask some questions.

I'm a student at the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm,
Sweden. I've used OpenAFS for my work in school and I would like to
help on the project. I found the StrSafe.h idea interesting because
I've recently taken a course in Computer Security, including a
discussion on buffer overflows. I think a project like this might
benefit not only OpenAFS, but the open source community in general.

I've gotten answers to most of my questions from following this
mailing list and asking some questions on the IRC channel, but I've
come up with some new questions:

A library like this will have to be tested rigorously. Do you use any
specific unit testing framework in the project? I've had some
experience with the JUnit framework for Java. Can you recommend a
specific one of the similar frameworks available for C?

I noticed that someone suggested porting some source code to use
StrSafe.h as a qualification project. Is there any similar project
that you can suggest that would be possible to implement on a Linux
platform, or should I set up a virtual machine and set up the build
environment on Windows?

When I've written a draft for my proposal, would it be possible to
submit it somewhere and have some comments on what should be improved
before the submission deadline? Would it be reasonable to post the
draft on the GSoC site and send a message to this mailing list to ask
for feedback?

Yours,
Jonas Sundberg