On Wed, Apr 07 2010, Simon Wilkinson wrote:
> > Is there a chance to get the building of these PIC libraries
> > backported to 1.4.X ?
>
> The change you are interested in is bbab48b047000db0d1821e2f65917c2e8c2c7768.
> Whilst the build system has changed substantially between 1.4 and 1.5, it
> doesn't look like backporting this change would be that difficult.
>
> Perhaps you could give it a go and submit the backport to gerrit?

My colleague, Hans-Werner Paulsen has done it

         Change-Id:     I247b85195dde18dddbaa9f441f8bca128fa8effb

Apparently, it has been merged already (I am pretty unfamiliar with
"gerrit").

Cheers,

Norbert
--
Ceterum censeo          | PGP encrypted mail preferred.
Redmond esse delendam.  | PGP Key at www.MPA-Garching.MPG.de/~nog/