On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 12:51 PM, Brandon Allbery
<ballb...@sinenomine.net>wrote:

> On Fri, 2014-01-17 at 11:05 +0000, Germán Ferrari wrote:
> > I don't understand the part about the salvager deleting the data. I
> > have  the recovered /vicepa folder on a ntfs partition. I'm trying to
>
> Last I checked, we don't have a working server for Windows... how did
> the server partition end up on NTFS? As NTFS does not handle metadata
> the same way Unix filesystems do, I would suspect you have already lost
> important information that was encoded in the metadata.

The original data it's on an ext4 partition, but I can't access it
directly.. I had to use a recovery software to access the data. The disk
where I put the recovered data was the one with ntfs.

Now I'm running the recovery again but using an ext4 partition as
destination ...