On 6/10/2014 1:02 PM, step...@physics.unc.edu wrote:
> Is the partition %used of "fs listquota" expected to be correct when the
> volume resides on a partition of greater than 2TB?
>
> I looked in the archives, but couldn't find an answer to this specific
> question; the closest I found was an old discussion from 2013. A few
> list regulars indicated that volume quotas over 2TB were still broken,
> but that with 1.6.2 or newer and 2TB+ partitions "...everything works."
>
> I'm running DA binaries version 1.6.7-1 (ubuntu package) with 4TB
> partitions and the %used of the partitions are always 0. I've tried fs
> binaries from 1.6.1-2+ubuntu2.2 and 1.6.7-1. If this isn't a known
> problem, I can provide additional information.
>
> "vos partinfo" output looks correct; I've only noticed this 0% issue on
> "fs listquota".
>
> PS. Definitely not a show-stopper issue, especially now that I'm aware
> of it. It just surprised me enough to ask.
>
> Cheers,
> Stephen

In OpenAFS, the fs listquota command relies upon

struct AFSFetchVolumeStatus {
    afs_int32 Vid;
    afs_int32 ParentId;
    char Online;
    char InService;
    char Blessed;
    char NeedsSalvage;
    afs_int32 Type;
    afs_int32 MinQuota;
    afs_int32 MaxQuota;
    afs_int32 BlocksInUse;
    afs_int32 PartBlocksAvail;
    afs_int32 PartMaxBlocks;
};

which cannot represent volume quota or partition details for partitions
larger than 2TB.   The values reported by the file server will be
truncated to fit.

Jeffrey Altman