On 12/26/2016 2:58 PM, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 26, 2016 at 11:37:17AM +0000, Ted Creedon wrote:
>> Ben,
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> So far by using the eclipse IDE , I've added afslog=true to [appdefaults]
>
> Hmm, somehow I thought [appdefaults] was for applications that did not ship
> with the kerberos distribution (but could be wron), and I have more
> familiarity
> with MIT krb5 than heimdal anyway.  But that doesn't seem like it would
> give better debugging output anyway.

Ben,

The Heimdal kinit has the ability to obtain afs tokens.  That is
controlled with the "afslog" configuration setting.

The order of precedence is

[appdefaults]
  kinit = {
    <realm> [ {
       afslog = <boolean>
    }
  }

[appdefaults]
  kinit = {
    afslog = <boolean>
  }

[appdefaults]
  <realm> [ {
    afslog = <boolean>
  }

[appdefaults]
  afslog = <boolean>

[realms]
  <realm> [ {
    afslog = <boolean>
  }

[libdefaults]
  afslog = <boolean>

The option doesn't have any impact on OpenAFS aklog.

Jeffrey Altman