On 11/9/2018 9:48 AM, Andreas Ladanyi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it is common an openafs admin has to sync an ro volume after something
> is added to rw volume. This is done by the vos release command. I think
> its the only way. Are there automatic sync functions in the vol / fs server.

The risk of automated volume releases is that the automated system does
not know when the volume contents are in a consistent and quiescent state.

Sites often use remctl to grant end users the ability to release their
own volumes.

Automated releases of RO volumes are a poor substitute for replicated RW
volumes.  RW replication is a feature which was never completed for OpenAFS.

Jeffrey Altman