Chaskiel,

> On Mar 29, 2021, at 9:11 AM, Chaskiel Grundman <cgrund...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Does anyone have tools for capturing, aggregating, analyzing or displaying
> info from xstats? Not so much operation timing, though that may also be
> helpful.

I forgot to mention that if you are interested in RPC operation counts and
times,
the xstat_fs_test RPC metrics (-collID 2) are adequate and work out of the box,
but they are only available for fileservers.  Similarly, xstat_cm_test
also reports RPC operation counts and times, but only for cache managers.
These metrics have some other limitations as well.

The lesser-known Rx RPC statistics (aka RPCSTATS, RXSTATS) have to be enabled,
but they
are easy to enable (via the --enable_processs_stats option or
rxstat_enable_process command).
I consider them superior to what's available via xstat_fs_test:
- they are universal (work _almost_ the same for all OpenAFS components, with
some cache manager quirks)
- they are more accurate (they include some rx and dispatch overhead that
xstat_* can't capture)
- they record RPC metrics from both the server (RPCs received) and client (RPCs
issued) perspective
- they are remotely resettable (via rxstat_clear_process).
- they support both process (server) and peer (client) granularity

Regards,
--
Mark Vitale
mvit...@sinenomine.net