> From: Hans De Winter<hans.dewin...@silicos.com>
>
> Dear,
>
> Silicos NV is pleased to announced today the release of its new open
> source software tool called PIRAMID under the General Public License
> (GPL) v2. PIRAMID has been written on top of Open Babel's C++ API.
>
> PIRAMID is a shape-based alignment tool for the alignment of pairs of
> molecules. It is based on Gaussian volumes for the description
> molecular shape as was originally introduced by Grant and Pickup ( J.
> Phys. Chem. 1995, 99, 3503-3510).
>
> The software is downloadable from Silicos website ( http://www.silicos.be
>    ) or from the Open Babel related projects webpage (
> http://openbabel.org/wiki/Related_Projects
>    ).

Thanks for the post. This is a great tool! I just tried PIRAMID and got
my first result.

http://pyrx.scripps.edu/blog/95-shape-based-alignment-of-molecules-with-piramid

A big thank you for Silicos team for making this possible.

Keep up the good work!
Sargis

--

Sargis Dallakyan, Ph.D. - Research Programmer
Department of Molecular Biology