Hello List,

I got a question. If you have a hierarchy containing, say, 1 CA, 2 RAs and 2 Pubs,
while every interface has it's own node (ca is connected to ra1 and ra2, ra1 is
connected to pub1, ra2 is connected to pub2). So I want make a CSR on pub1. The data
is uploaded to RA1 and gets approved. The approved CSR is uploaded to the CA and gets
signed. The CA-Node enrolls the cert to the RA1 which enrolls the cert to pub1. The
question is now, when I next time enroll data to RA2, is the cert, which was requested
from pub1 and signed by RA1, is the dara enrolled to RA2 too? I think so, because I
don't have seen a configuration option like "target node" when I enroll data.

And the target node (i. e. RA2) imports every data to his DB, is this correct?

So this would mean that more than one LDAP-node doesn't make sense, since all certs
get everywhere, so too in the DB from LDAP-node.

I might have overseen a configuration option, but I'm confused, since also the
example-hierarchy in the RC5-documentation has more than one LDAP-nodes (Figure 1.3.
Complete technical overview).

Have I completely misinterpreted something?

Thanks,

Gregor