> Alain : Which brings us to the sticky issue of how the participants of
> our groups will make some profit from the work they are contributing to
> :
>
> Alain : (1) Will members be able to resell OpenCard on CDROM, as-is,
> making money by selling the convience of not having to download it ?
>
> Alain : (2) Or will they bundle some other stuff with it to add enough
> value to their offering to justify forking over money for it ?
>
> Alain : (3) Or will they create original end-user products that they
> will author with OpenCard ?
>
> Alain : (4) Or will we impose a not-for-profit clause ?
>
> Alain : Option 3 is my preferred option.

Adrian:  People should be welcome to try any of options 1-3,
however I'd suggest there isn't that much money in selling
OpenCard on CD-ROM (with or without value added projects) when
there are so many people looking at moving into that market.  Is it
a wise business move?  On the other hand, option 3 looks
extremely viable as long as OpenCard gives the capabilities we
want it to.

Adrian:  If we add a not-for-profit clause we'd severly restrict our
user-base and this isn't wise.