> Alain: It will be difficult to attribute a precise
> author for work done collectively. Who gets
> mentionned? In what order? If a hundred people
> participated, do they all get cited? If, instead, we

> decide to declare that OODL is the Copyright Holder,

> nothing is solved either because the membership of
the
> OODL is in perpetual motion.

Anthony: I don't think it would be possible, because
OODL is not a legal entity. And there are the problems
with "who is OODL?" And yes, it would be a mess to
declare a copyright line with a hundred or so people.
It'd be an ever bigger mess, I'd guess, if we ever
decided to litigate against someone... Most Open
Source projects are copyright by a single person, or
by the FSF. But the FSF won't do it, because they'd
only use the GPL's.

Alain: Now that we are forming a partnership that will
bear one unique name, our concerns above are taken
care of now.

Alain: Does everyone agree that the Copyright Holder
to the software that we are in the process of naming
will be our partnership?

=====