> Alain Farmer : Does Serf support the DO command ?
> Alain Farmer : Will Serf support the DO command ?

Dan Gelder : If all Serf did was copy HyperCard, I
would of course need a DO command. But Serf is a new
variation of xTalk; I can add arrays, new syntax, etc.

Alain : FreeCard will not merely be a HyperCard clone.
More like a compatible superset (for the most part).

Dan Gelder : OpenCard or Freecard or Nucard or
whatever

Alain : The name of our application is FreeCard, and
the name of our xTalk-variant is FreeScript.

Dan Gelder : ... should have DO.

Alain : But not merely for compatibility reasons. The
DO command is a very powerful feature.

Dan Gelder : Serf probably shouldn't.

Alain : Why have you chosen to NOT include DO in Serf?
Do your reasons include the performance-hit of the DO
command? Or because DO would be too difficult to
implement? Or because you consider self-modifying code
to be naughty programming? Does it have anything to do
with the security-restrictions of platforms other than
the Mac?