Adrian: I have just finished going through the opencard list archives (up
to 31 Dec 1999) compiling the Log.  I have reduced 5.3Mbs of mailings
down to a 112K Log file (in an XML like format).  This will be reduced
much further when I fix a few bugs in the program I'm using to create
them (entries are being recorded multiple times).  Then I'll fix a few
things in the HTML generation routines and upload the result to the UFP
server.  Hopefully this will provide a solid introduction to new comers
while not requiring to spend 30-40 hours reading list archives (as I have
just done...).

Adrian: Course, now I've got to record all the things that have occured
while I was writing the log...  Sigh.

Adrian:  It would be really nice if we could get an update on the
progress of FreeCard sometime soon as well.  I haven't heard anything
regarding the programming section's progress for a while.