At 11:19 AM -0800 on 2/16/00, Alain Farmer wrote:

>Alain: This is another alternative to
>stacks-on-the-Web, completely different from the
>first. This is likely to take the form of a
>multi-platform FreeCard stack, scripted in FreeScript,
>instead of burdening the application with these
>extras. So says Anthony and Uli, I believe. This is
>where the talk about 'streaming' comes in.

Hmmm... I hadn't thought of streaming it with a stack. I think it'd
have to go in the application.

>Alain: I have recently proposed yet another suggestion
>for making stacks available on the web, namely the
>export stack to HTML/CSS/JS trick. My suggestion was
>flatly dismissed by FreeCarders, but warmly welcomed
>by several people on the HC-list. So you know where I
>am going to go with that one, eh!

Alain, if you can pull that off, I'll be shocked. But if you do,
consider yourself drafted to the Intepreter team. [By the time you're
done, I think NuParser will certainly be].

Alain, you do understand that you will be building a parser and an
intepreter or (probably) compiler of sorts to do this?

You probably don't understand what converting a HC stack entails.
You'll find out soon enough. Before you get too deep into it, do
consider converting scripts.