At 9:41 AM -0800 on 2/17/00, Alain Farmer wrote:

>Alain: NuParser has its own background in our
>web-stack (CGI). Click on "FC-application" on the
>HomeStack page, then click on "interpreter" in the
>table of contents.

It did not work for me -- I got to the Interpreter pages, then clicked
the two links there and got this in NS's JS log:

JavaScript Error: http://giguere.dsc.uqam.ca/FreeCard/FC.cgi:

Page is not defined.
JavaScript Error: http://giguere.dsc.uqam.ca/FreeCard/FC.cgi:

Page is not defined.
JavaScript Error: http://giguere.dsc.uqam.ca/FreeCard/FC.cgi:

Page is not defined.
JavaScript Error: http://giguere.dsc.uqam.ca/FreeCard/FC.cgi:

Page is not defined.

I imagine this is the JavaScript version of a 404. Added to the fact
that many of the pages look truncated (at the beginning, no less), the
navigation bar up top does not work, etc., I think I'm really beginning
to like plain old HTML...

BTW: There are some NuParser snapshots -- see:
<http://ufp.uqam.ca/OpenCard/Downloads/Anthony/Interpreter/NuParser/Screenshots/
Picture%201.jpg>
<http://ufp.uqam.ca/OpenCard/Downloads/Anthony/Interpreter/NuParser/Screenshots/
Picture%202.gif>
<http://ufp.uqam.ca/OpenCard/Downloads/Anthony/Interpreter/NuParser/Screenshots/
Picture%203.gif>

Note: NetScape mangles the colors. iCab gets it right.
GraphicsConverter gets it right. Don't use NetScape.

>Alain: Our application and collaboration go by the
>name FreeCard. Our scripting language is called
>FreeScript. So how about FreeParser ?

The idea is to emphasize that Nuparser is _not_ just for FreeCard. It
is a general purpose tool that should be usable anywhere.

>Alain: I believe that this is unfortunate. We are an
>open source collaboration. People will be viewing our
>source with the intention of understanding it and
>contributing to it. Hence, we should avoid hacks like
>the above, or document them profusely, so that we
>won't end up with only ONE programmer that can do
>anything with our source code.

Alain, remember that the Interpreter's speed is solely responsible for
the spped of ALL scripts run. Every millisecond saved counts.