At 2:09 AM +0100 on 2/19/00, M. Uli Kusterer wrote:

>-> Add an API for writing a struct to a block (this needs to be
>special-cased a bit to make sure endian conversion will work)

How do you plan on doing this? Template specializations? AFAIK, MrCpp
does not like template specializations.

>-> Write the docs for which I can heavily rely on those huge comment chunks
>throughout the code I like so much. I hope nobody minds if I start with the
>descriptions of the inner workings first, and then write the API docs.

As long as the API docs are done before we need to use the thing.

> BTW, Anthony: We'll need to come up with a nice convention for our error
>messages. Exceptions, I guess, but we'll need to define classes for them. I
>suggest we require __FILE and the function name are passed to every
>exception, so we can locate errors easier during the debugging phase.

We'll probably need a base something like this:

        struct FCError_Base {
                FCError_Base(char *source_file, int source_line);
                virtual ToText(string&);
                char *source_file;
                int source_line;
        };

The we can derive errors off of them, ex:

        struct XBFError_Base : public FCError_Base {
                XBFError_Base(char *source_file, int source_line,
                              BlockIdentifier which_block);
                virtual ToText (string&);
                BlockIdentifier which_block;
        };

We should be fine as long as wel all use the same base, and all define
a ToText function to put the error into a string.