>Tom: Many of my shareware licenses specify that any future distribution of
>the software include the complete package (software, help files, readmes,
>etc.). If we could require that, then the above 'someone' would be
>distributing BOTH editing environments, and the readme file would tell the
>user which is the official one. A small extension of the standard shareware
>agreement could require that the seller of a stack clearly identify his
>'value added' content.

Tom,

 there is no shareware agreement here ... ? We could require a splash
screen, maybe (sort of like Macromind Player did it, pop up a small window
whenever the program quits that says "Created using FreeCard 1.0, available
*at no charge* at http://ufp.uqam.ca/freecard" or something like that).
I'll see what Richard says.

Cheers,
-- M. Uli Kusterer

             http://www.weblayout.com/witness
       'The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere...'