>I think that both these tools are really nice for complicated development.
>True mc 'precompiles' (or whatever) scripts so that it is tougher to make a
>programming error than in hc, but script errors do happen, and it is really
>nice to be able to watch global variables.
>
>hmm, come to think of it i maybe could do a script for a variable watcher
>stack... but how would we do a message watcher?
>
>Ideally both would be in xTalk rather than in C because XCMD's are not cross
>platform. (incidently cross worlds has some demo xcmd's which are both windows
>and macos compatible...)

Eric,

  this is a tough point. I think we'll certainly add support for
message & variable watchers implemented using scripts somewhere down
the line. But it needs to be supported by the engine, e.g. by having
it automatically open up a stack and send a message to it resp. send
a message to a certain stack if it's open. Who wants can create some
within the constraints of MetaCard's engine for now, as we'll
certainly try to support as much of their syntax as feasible.

>Otherwise progress on improving graphic aspects of the gui continues. Please
>look at the proposed properties stack? (I hope/presume it was uploaded?) There
>is a uniform coloring and position scheme so I think that it will be easier to
>find the buttons...

  As I already e-mailed you, I couldn't run it, it was mingled during
transfer since it wasn't compacted (probably conversion to 7-bit
ascii or automatic line-wrapping). I have to admit I have yet to see
a use of colors that I don't find too toy-like. If you use colors,
you might want to make sure they're not too bright, or "loud".

>Oh, the computer lab is open ! am happy.

  Let us rejoice with brother Eric :-))

Cheers,
-- M. Uli Kusterer

              http://www.weblayout.com/witness
        'The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere...'