On Sat, 2024-04-27 at 22:56 -0400, marc...@gmail.com wrote:

> I've been looking online for an alternative to Cisco AnyConnect client
> (which I haven't been able to get working on Linux) and I saw people
> recommending OpenConnect. My workplace VPN is configured to do
> certificate enrollment when connecting for the very first time, which
> I believe is done through SCEP (simple certificate enrollment
> protocol). I've installed and tried NetworkManager-openconnect but it
> doesn't seem to do this initial certificate enrollment. Does
> OpenConnect implement SCEP?

It doesn't. And unless it's integrated with the protocol to the point
where it *absolutely* necessary, I think I'd prefer it to remain that
way — at least for OpenConnect *itself*.

But if this is a setup that people need to use, we should definitely
work out how to integrate it with an existing SCEP client.