May I make a modest suggestion, use ImageMagick to invoke the encoder.  For
example, output a sequence of images at 960x720 in the miff format.  Then
use IM convert, e.g.,
convert -geometry 320x240 foo.miff foo.mpg.  Convert will do the rgb->yuv
conversion and pass the results to the encoder.  You can take a look at the
IM code to see what parameters it uses.

If you want to see some results, take a look at, for example,
http://www.research.ibm.com/people/l/lloydt/demos/weather.htm

Trevor Wood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@opendx.watson.ibm.com on 08/21/2000
12:07:35 PM

Please respond to opendx2-users@lists.berlios.de