I guess I never had tried this until starting to work on the Fluent2DX
issue, but is it other people's observation (as well as mine) that when you
use ShowBoundary then set its opacity to <1.0, that you can see internal
faces of the volumetric elements the boundary encloses? This is most
undesirable and I'm amazed I never noticed it before, so I guess I always
had opacity at 1.0.

Any DXers have an explanation for this?

I can imagine that the algorithm would fail on some of the degenerate
topology we've tried it on (wedges, etc.) but this phenomenon shows up just
as well on a Constructed 3x3x3 volume which is Refined to tetra, so even in
a perfectly normal DX-created tet volume, internal faces show up. I guess I
thought ShowBoundary created the convex hull and "discarded" the internals
of the volume, but that's clearly not correct.

Thanks for any thoughts,

Chris Pelkie
Vice President/Scientific Visualization Producer
Conceptual Reality Presentations, Inc.
30 West Meadow Drive
Ithaca, NY 14850
[EMAIL PROTECTED]