>I use degenerate cells. Ie collapse edges, two nodes becomes one double
>node. It seems to work fine. Below is a piece of code handling this for my
>case, I hope it can help you.
>
>/N.

There are good and bad points to degenerate connections in DX.

Good: they do seem to be accepted and will render.

Bad: Try ShowBoundary on your volume: you'll see some awful mess as the
poor ShowBoundary module crawls all over the internal surfaces and normals
go every which way.

Unknown: Have you tried to pass a Streamline through a degenerate vector
field? I am not positive, but I believe it will fail (terminate) rather
quickly.

Best: Intentionally devolve all connections to either triangles or tets as
I said before. Although this inevitably swells the connection array, it is
guaranteed to work with all DX modules. In some FEM type data objects, you
must also create new positions (edge, face, cell centers), but obviously
you can turn a prism, wedge, or hex into tets without new positions.

History: I've been working with Fluent for the last few months on this
issue so they can have, once again, a working FluentToDX exporter
capability and we've tried all the above. "Best" was eventually settled on
as the only viable solution.

Chris Pelkie
Vice President/Scientific Visualization Producer
Conceptual Reality Presentations, Inc.
30 West Meadow Drive
Ithaca, NY 14850
[EMAIL PROTECTED]