You are only creating one field. I think this is because you have put an
"end" after the first field. Remove the end after each field and place an
"end" at the bottom of the file after the group is created.

I did not see a Print in your simple.net (which you may have deleted).
It sure helps to use Print for debugging data import problems like this.

Jeff

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Stamatogiannakis Manolis wrote:

> Chris,
> I did all those things you write, but I keep getting a
> "Bad parameter: input must be group or list" when I use
> the select module.
>
> I send attached the .dx and the .net file I use.
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> Regards,
>   Manolis
>
> On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Chris Pelkie wrote:
>
> > Have you defined the file as a "group" of two "fields"? If not, you are
> > importing only the first field. If you collect the two field definitions
> > into a group, which must appear at the end of the dx file, then that is
> > imported. Then you use Select (2 copies) to pull out the individual fields
> > (the surface and the volume) for individual processing stages. Finally, use
> > Collect to display both simultaneously in the Image.
> >
> > Chris Pelkie
> > Vice President/Scientific Visualization Producer
> > Conceptual Reality Presentations, Inc.
> > 30 West Meadow Drive
> > Ithaca, NY 14850
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Jeff Braun                        Geophysics Dept.
mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]          Montana Tech
(406) 496-4206                    1300 W. Park St.
                                  Butte, MT 59701