Hi Experts,

Having DX discovered recently and just starting to like it ;-) I am stuck
here:

I have several 1dimensional data sets of equal length, and want to be
able to plot different sets against each other.

I have imported a group of fields (each member of the group is a
field), and each field is one data set. Each field contains
1dimensional data and (trivial) position information (and trivial
connections). All the data in the fields have the same length.

>From those fields I want to choose the data component of one of them to
determine the x-axis of a 2d-x-y-plot (using the Plot-module), and SEVERAL
members to plot their data on the y-axis (versus the other chosen data).

Selecting one member for the x-axis with a Selector and choosing ONLY
ONE member of the group for the y-axis with another Selector works
great, and I can use Replace to make the data of the first set become
the positions of the second. That is precisly what I want for one set,
but I want more than one curve (set being plotted) at the same time:

However, if I now substitue the Selector for the y-data with a
SelectList, (which allows me to choose several fields from the group)
then Replace complains. That is because(?) Replace expects a field,
and SelectList provides a group of fields.

My question thus is:

- How can I apply Replace to each field in a group?

Or, more general:

- How can I apply any procedure (here Replace) to each member (here a
  field) in a group?

Am I completely on the wrong track here?

(I tried to mess around with ForEachMember and Append, but this results
in iterations such that the plot is drawn several times, each time
with different y-data.)

Any hints are much appreciated. With many thanks in advance,

Hans

Hans Fangohr

High Performance Computing Group
Department of Electronics and Computer Science
and
Quantum and Functional Matter Group
Department of Physics and Astronomy

University of Southampton