I've been working on a Illustrator/Postscript to dx converter and have found an interested FLE issue that I had never been presented with before. I thought I had found a hole slew of bugs within the implementation of FLE's that was going to make this converter worthless--however, what I found was that there are two separate rendering approaches to FLE's within DX. The default one is faster but crashes consistently when FLE's have coincidental points or crossing edges. The slightly slower version (which is turned on with an environment variable) renders all of my FLE's appropriately and does not crash (even with crossing edges).

I'd like to hear from everyone--if they would be opposed to changing the default to the non-crashing version and have it set so that you can choose the faster version with an envirnonment variable instead.

Let me know.
David L. Thompson                   Visualization and Imagery Solutions, Inc.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]    5515 Skyway Drive, Missoula, MT 59804
                                    Phone : (406)756-7472