Hi Allen,

* Allen schrieb am 08 Apr 2005:

> Fabian,
>
> If I were you I'd be a bit shy about writing an importer module straight
> away. I have written translator programs (in Visual Basic) to convert data
> from various (custom) formats to native DX format. It's much easier to
> debug when you break the problem into distinct pieces; plus, you can then
> edit the DX file to make minor corrections. You could migrate your
> translator program to a DX module when you have more time and familiarity.

I know that it is not easy and actually I did not say that I
will do it in one week. Until I have that time I will use
my existing general file to import.
  I think the problem about using some kind of converter is
that it just would take to long and use to much memory for
large data sets.

Greetings!

Fabian