I have just started looking into JavaDX. I've gotten pretty far
but have just run into a wall. Everything is works fine if
I run the web browser on the same machine as JavaDX. I see
the server status on the Status.html page, and the demos
all seem to work. But when I try it from a different machine,
the applet is not able to connect, and the JavaDX console
window shows no traffic (I've got -verbose and -debug both
turned on.) Locally, I'm accessing the pages with http://,
not file://

A possibly related problem is that stopserver also is not
able to connect - it just hangs. I have to kill the server
process manually.

Anyone know of something obvious that might be going on?
Thanks in advance!

Joel

Joel Richardson, Ph.D.   Phone: (207) 288-6435
The Jackson Laboratory   Fax:   (207) 288-6132
600 Main Street          URL:   www.informatics.jax.org
Bar Harbor, Maine 04609