Hey,

After about 12 years of abstinence, I restarted to use opendx (I think
it was DataExplorer when I used it first). So my skills need a
refreshment...

This is my problem:
I have 3D vector data (current density) located at some (26) points on
the surface of a sphere. Longitude and latitude spacing are constant.
Poles are included. The current data depends on two other parameters
(frequency (type float): up to 2000 values, t (type int): 60 values).

What I wanted to get is:
- a 3D view of the sphere with the current vectors
- a 3D view of the magnitude of the current with smooth interpolation
- 2D projection of both
- possibility to chance the two parameters and redraw the images

I think, I can do the plots when I have loaded the data. (Nevertheless,
pointers to examples or hints are very much appreciated).

My question is:
What is the best way to organize the data?
A lot of small dx-files? One monster file?
How do I make a series with more than one parameter? With only the
frequency I would write:

object 1 class array type float rank 1 shape 3 items 26 data follows

object 2 class array type float rank 1 shape 3 items 26 data follows

object 1603 class field
component "positions" value 1
component "data" value 2
object "series" class series
member 0 value 1603 position 1e+007

Regards
Hans Georg Krauthaeuser
--
Otto-von-Guericke-Universitaet Magdeburg
IGET            |   fon: +49 391 67 12195