Hi Lars,

First, welcome to OpenDX! Sounds like you've gotten quite a long
way already. You may be interested in the OpenDX forum at
http://www.opendx.org/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl
It gets more readers than the mailing list, I think.

> I found that there is the Post module which is supposed to do some
> interpolation. I just do not know how to use it - where in my net should
> it appear, just after the Connect module?

I think you want Refine, not Post. And yes, after Connect should do it.

> This is where I am completely lost now. I tried to use the positions
> (a.x, a.y) and the data value (b) with a compute module, to get (x,y,z).
> However, as a is a field with two scalars, while b contains only one
> data value, I get an error ("Bad paramater: Inputs must be of same
> length / Input 1 not matching the master (input 0)."). So I tried to
> change my input b by passing it through a second compute module, which
> was simply to add the second scalar: [(a),(0)] - but this did not work,
> same error message. So how do I match the two inputs, to be able to
> modify the position by the data value?

The error message refers to the number of positions/data values, not to
their dimensionality. Your original compute expression is probably
correct (at least, it would not be the cause of that error message).
The problem is upstream of Compute. Somehow, the number of positions
received by Compute's a input is different from the number of data
values received by the b input. (You didn't insert a Post, did you?)

--Joel

Joel Richardson, Ph.D.
Sr. Research Scientist
Mouse Genome Informatics
The Jackson Laboratory   Phone: (207) 288-6435
600 Main Street          Fax:   (207) 288-6132
Bar Harbor, Maine 04609  URL:   www.informatics.jax.org