After reading Fabien's answer, I can only say, I trust OpenERP SA, if a
OpenSource company knows its numbers as OpenERP does, It means total succes.

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 1:51 PM, Nhomar Hernández <nho...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Things that could work but I would like to avoid:
>>   - don't release bugfixes publicly (only for customers)
>>   - don't release new developments (an open core strategy), e.g. we
>> invest to clean accounting and we charge for these modules in v8.
>>   - skip the partner and sell directly (at least for bad partners)
>>   - stop partnership with partners that don't generate revenues but
>> costs us money
>>

> This points are the correct point to discuss, because a lot of people
> don't understand that push in the wrong direction (stoping or even don't
> include OpenERP services in them contracts) is push to these "Must Avoid
> points", every single analysis with the Normal Commercial Points of view
> brings to these conclusions, and in the "OpenERP World" it can bring more
> problems than solutions, even to the best ones.
>
> I prefer help to understand the people the value of the offer before
> encourage people to avoid some costs that the customer "MUST" pay.
>
> I remark the "must" because a lot of people want to avoid this costs for
> one reason or another and at the end of the day it is more dangerous than
> beneficial, and the customer WILL pay it in one way or another at the end
> of the day, Why not be more transparent with them?.
>
> In our side numbers are not as good as you point "yet" but I must accept i
> made some mistakes too in the past!, it should help a lot some strategy
> documentation to everybody to follow a better explained roadmap.
>
> One of things you should try to do is "Coach" partners in the usage
> efficiently of the Enterprise (and all services), it can bring a real good
> value to your offer, and avoid misunderstood in the middle, even old
> partners that are in ready stage yet, is so probable is because they don't
> understand the model and/or the added value and how efficiently use it.
>
> Another thing is the "God Father approach" which means, may be these 30%
> of partners can find a clear and transparent way to help the other 30% of
> partners to make money (it is just an Idea).
>
> Even the bigger ones will have big issues sometimes, because the
> perception must be pointed to build "Long term relations with end-users"
> THROUGH a "Long term relation with partners", this message must to be clear
> and absolutely obvious for everybody to avoid misunderstood in the middle.
>
> I will make more comments around other points by point to don't mix
> arguments.
>
> +1 Fabien kudos for your email
> --
> --------------------
> Saludos Cordiales
>
> Nhomar G. Hernandez M.
> +58-414-4110269
> Skype: nhomar00
> Web-Blog: http://geronimo.com.ve
> Servicios IT: http://vauxoo.com
> Linux-Counter: 467724
> Correos:
> nho...@openerp.com.ve
> nho...@vauxoo.com
> twitter @nhomar

Ing. Oscar Alcalá Rivera
*312-107-1704* · oszc...@gmail.com <ozc...@gmail.com>

Vauxoo SA
Tlf: *3123111122*

*Open Source Enthusiast*

*LinuxCounter:**566085*
     [image: twitter] <http://twitter.com/oscarolar> [image:
linkedIn]<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/oscar-alcal%C3%A1/3b/a79/922>
   [image: Google+] <http://plus.google.com/107659954580035981067/posts>

[image: eco] No me imprimas si no es necesario. Protejamos el medio ambiente