Hi there,

sorry for the delay. Along with some other issues I had to recover my webpage.
I think the input from the mailing list was productive input so far.
But the latest idea to use a non-latin character turns out to be more problematic.

I tried to fit many non-latin characters to the book, but all characters that are too big in width just don't fit in well. Nor do almost any other characters with a round bottom fit into the groove of the book. This narrows things down quite a bit.
But that isn't my main reason for staying with the "f".

A non-latin character certainly has the charme of a certain place in the world where it is used. But in the end it can and will be interpreted in a way that excludes many people. An "ö" would exclude non-german speaking people, the "ñ" would exclude non-spanish speaking people and so on...

Then there is the problem that a too venturesome character runs the risk of not being noticed as such. If there is only one strange character, people might just think it is a broken "W " or a bent "P" or whatever just to be "unique!", or it might even be seen as some abstract form like the nike-hook.

Reflecting on all of those issues - and the fact that the "f" fits nicely to the book and to the meaning "f"ont (and the open library beneath it), I would prefer to stay with the standard f that everybody knows and uses.

non-messed up links to the latest mockup:
http://mray.de/openfontlibrary4.png

..and the SVG:
http://mray.de/OFL-logo.svg

greetings from Germany,