Le samedi 31 janvier 2009 à 14:08 +0000, Dave Crossland a écrit :
> 2009/1/31 Daniel Glassey <dglas...@gmail.com>:
> >
> >100% it is not.
>
> My bad. You are quite right, they seem to be withholding the IMPORTANT parts
> :-)
>
> I take this at face value - they have written some very nice code for
> pulling in a vanilla CVS and turning it into a slick binary release
> cycle * and don't want to publish this because they fear their
> competitors - ie, Red Hat - will take it and stop them from stealing
> their customers. Once they have the business operations refined enough
> that having the software won't give RH et al too much easy advantage
> over them (such as if RH develops its own similar thing) they'll
> publish it. Similar to Sun and Java and GNU Classpath, that bit.

Red Hat does not need Soyuz, it already has build tools, which are
published as free software, bits of which are even packaged in other
distributions like Debian.

The parts Canonical does not intend to release probably just depend on
proprietary components (ie they took the easy short road as usual
without thinking)

--
Nicolas Mailhot