Le Mar 7 avril 2009 12:51, Ed Trager a écrit :

> I am guessing that the story behind this is that there are very few
> FLOSS Japanese fonts, and the ones clearly available for inclusion in
> Linux distributions until now are considered unsatisfactory.

>From a Fedora POW, we require our fonts to be modifiable and
re-distributable, and I doubt the sophistries used by the IPA people
to claim they are except in practical terms they are not would pass
our legal review. Our golden test will still be "if there is a
problem, and someone cooks up a fix, and upstream is not responding,
can we still push the fixed font to users".

So it's a FAIL for IPA lawyers here (if the aim was to allow
distribution to ship the fonts).

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot