2009/5/12 Jon Phillips <j...@rejon.org>:
> On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 3:23 AM, Dave Crossland <d...@lab6.com> wrote:
>> 2009/5/12 Jon Phillips <j...@rejon.org>:
>>> Heya guys, with victor's help and some tweaking, got OFLB up on the
>>> test site to a good state. I'm not seeing any errors,
>>
>> I'm not seeing any documentation :-(
>>
>> Without documentation we can't welcome contributors.
>
> Ok, so I will import the custom templates and things into the SVN that
> osuosl setup ok?

Yes :-)

> Where do you want that to live?

/var/www/openfontlibrary.org/public/openfontlibrary/www/openfontlibrary_files

> And, can you past the
> SVN modules for import from the test server you guys have been running
> so I can get the commands run by OSUOSL please?

I don't understand what you want :(

> I'll write the documentation up on the update. I can't write
> documentation when experimenting with how to get this installed
> properly.

Ideally, please keep a document of every command that you ran when
installing the site. My HOW_THIS_SITE_WORKS.txt is a start at
documenting the installation process, done this way.

In my experience, if I wait until the installation is all done and
then write a general summary, I forget important details.

> need to add some svn:externals fun so the custom files are
> updated this way as well

:-)

> must remember to
> always move the ccadmin folder out of the way upon svn up as well.

We should have a shell script at
/var/www/openfontlibrary.org/UPGRADE.sh which does this.

> Yes, we need to get to this point before going live. Get me the things
> I ask for above, and I'll do that next. If you want the history of the
> old SVN maintained, please do an svn dump of the svn used on oflb at
> fontly, and make sure I can access it from that account you gave me.

The fontly install has a shared account, openfontlibrary, so you have
the same access as everyone else there :-)

> Then, I will have to have an osuosl admin import it into the osuosl
> repo so that it the history is maintained, make sense?

Why can't we import it into the OSUOSL repo?

> If you don't care about history, then can just import the files right
> now into OFLB SVN on OSUOSL.

The history is not that important, although keeping it would be ideal.