Le Ven 3 août 2012 10:51, Denis Jacquerye a écrit :
> OpenType allows weight values from 1 to 999.
> CSS is the one rounding those to multiples of 100 from 100 to 900.
> Fontconfig maps them to some range from 0 to 210 (I'm not sure there).
> Fontconfig also has multiple aliases for its weight value 40:
> extralight or ultralight, and its weight value 210: black or heavy. So
> applications just using those values to name variants might not match
> the OT names.

The canonical weights and names have been defined by Microsoft at Vista
time in

http://web.archive.org/web/20100311051429/http://blogs.msdn.com/text/attachment/2249036.ashx

There is one *50 weight there (ExtraBlack)

The canonical name for ultra light is ExtraLight

IIRC fontconfig constants originated in this paper once upon a time

--
Nicolas Mailhot