On Mon, 2004-04-12 at 06:06, Adrian Midgley wrote:
> Eiffel is established as a language significant to Open Source in Healthcare.
>
> An article on the merits of adopting it as a successor to C++ for developing
> the Gnome GUI/desktop environment is worth noting.
>
> http://developers.slashdot.org/
> article.pl?sid=04/04/11/1436234&mode=thread&tid=126&tid=131&tid=156&tid=189
>
> The Hardhats list recently hosted a series of primers on M/MUMPS which were
> interesting, perhaps if someone cared to run through an exercise in Eiffel it
> would also help the non-users appreciate how the language goes.

I found the "Invitation to Eiffel" document at
http://archive.eiffel.com/doc/online/eiffel50/intro/language/ to be very
useful. After reading that, I was left with the impression that Eiffel
would be a fantastic way of implementing a fully worked-out design, but
that despite its declarative nature it might be a bit tedious or
cumbersome to use for prototyping and iterative refinement of designs.
Thus, probably an excellent choice for core health information systems.
--

Tim C

PGP/GnuPG Key 1024D/EAF993D0 available from keyservers everywhere
or at http://members.optushome.com.au/tchur/pubkey.asc
Key fingerprint = 8C22 BF76 33BA B3B5 1D5B  EB37 7891 46A9 EAF9 93D0