tim,

It will be very interesting to hear what tangible initiatives are in the
works or was the nature of the meetings etc. mostly discussion. When Ed
Hammond spoke at OSHCA 2001 in London he indicated that AMIA would look
into actually funding some preliminary work on open source. Perhaps that
is what the OS Working Group is about now??

My personal feeling is that while there is a great need to continue
promoting and educating, open source in health desperately needs
"scientifically" evaluated reference implementations to go with the with
the marketing messages. It would be most helpful if some of the
"traditional" medical informatics associations backed or otherwise
supported studies of this nature.

cheers,

Joseph