On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Daniel L. Johnson wrote:

> First of all, this is not an announcement; this is merely conversation,

Dan,
  Thanks for the invitation to converse.

> 1: to test the utility of the new FDA-mandated computerized "package
> insert" (Dr. Schadow was an FDA consultant in its design).

  Do you know how these package inserts from FDA's "electronic labeling"
(http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2003/NEW00991.html) requirement will
be published? It seems that current package inserts can be freely
re-published on the Web (e.g.
http://www.druginfonet.com/index.php?pageID=official.htm).

  I would like to see integration of any electronic labeling info via
efforts such as Horst et al's DrugRef.Org. From there, we can begin to
build applications that make use of the information.

Best regards,

Andrew
---
Andrew P. Ho, M.D.