Hi Daniel,

actually, as it turns out that code did not even compile with javac 8u11:

[mint.javac] [...] error: package sun.util.logging.PlatformLogger does not exist
[mint.javac]
com.sun.javafx.binding.Logging.getLogger().setLevel(sun.util.logging.PlatformLogger.Level.OFF);

Eclipse's JDT did not have a problem. Looks to me as if javac actively "protects" that package. After exploring a few options to configure logging in code only it looks as if the only way is to really do this with a vm argument. Without WebStart it seems to be sufficient to use System.setProperty first thing in the main method but with WebStart there is no main method and it could be too late when doing it in Application.start.

So, until 8u20 I am doing this:

in JNLP or vmarg with -D:
java.util.logging.config.file=logging.properties

logging.properties:
beans.level = OFF

Also, I am not sure if "java.util.logging.config.file" is a trusted property for the jnlp file. I'll have to see about that.

Werner