Hi,

sure, I'll create a ticket. This is on 8u11. Please see also below.

On 15.10.2014 14:36, David Grieve wrote:
Two pieces of information are passed into the converter. The first is
the value that was given in the style, e.g., "/mint/report_16x16.png".
The second is the URL of the stylesheet as determined when the
stylesheet is loaded. The stylesheet URL may be null, as would be the
case for an in-line style.

Ok, in my case the style is not inline but in a stylesheet. When execution gets to this conditional inside URLConverter.decode,

if (stylesheetUrl != null && stylesheetUrl.trim().isEmpty() == false) {

it always enters that block and finds a return statement. Only after that block the classloader would be asked but it never gets there. I can imagine it would work with an inline style.

If the resource is copied over to the build directory that eclipse uses
on the class-path, then there shouldn't be a problem.

The resource must be copied to the bin directory because I can access it in code even if the resource is in another project. But CSS doesn't see it - that's what puzzles me so much.

Werner