On Mon, 24 May 2021 15:25:22 GMT, Martin Fox
<github.com+12087024+belden...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Martin Fox has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
>> commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Fixed whitespace error.
>
> Is there some reason you would prefer a Swing-style implementation over the
> approach I submitted in this PR? The Swing code breaks down if an accelerator
> calls for the Option modifier alone or in addition to Command. I'm still
> investigating work-arounds.
>
> (Long story short, Command alters the character we receive in a good way,
> providing a low-ASCII character even on non-ASCII layouts like Cyrillic.
> Option alters the character in a bad way, often producing an arbitrary
> symbol. Prior to macOS 10.15 we can't toss one modifier without tossing the
> other short of using UCKeyTranslate.)

@beldenfox I did not say that the swing version is the way to go and in the end
its @kevinrushforth call what route should be taken - I just wanted to show
what my initial change would have been without saying it is better than what
you are proposing which sounds like is more complete than what swing provides
today.