Is there some way to update the ObservableSet of Printers once the Application is running? Calling Printer.getAllPrinters() always returns the same OberservableSet and it does not change - ever. [1]

We have an JavaFx based application running under Windows 10/11 that is used to print on wireless printers, that are not always available. Having to restart the the application every time a printer goes away or comes available is a serious pain for the users.

Is there any kind of workaround?

I doubt it will be fixed in the near future, since this comment is from 6 years ago [2]:

    // This is static. Eventually I want it to be dynamic, but first
    // it needs to be enhanced to only create new instances where
    // there really has been a change, which will be rare.

[1] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38470568/javafx-doesnt-detect-changes-of-available-printers

[2] https://github.com/openjdk/jfx/blob/master/modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/java/com/sun/prism/j2d/PrismPrintPipeline.java#L99