On 12/13/06, Sander Koning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On the "Folders and ACL" page of the Openmailadmin wiki [1], there is a
> screenshot [2] which shows amongst others, an entry for the "shared" folder.
>
> I have been able to give users access to (sub)folders of other users via the
> ACL
> settings (e.g. users/testuser/Folder), but it is as of yet unclear to me how
> manage the shared folder. Can this be done via Openmailadmin, and if so, how?

I have the same needs at work too. What I do is create a UNIX group
called "billing" and then edit the "/etc/group" and add the users to
the group. Something like:

billing:x:1008:jsabater,skoning

Then you can set permissions on folders to the group using the
"group:billing" notation. I do that via cyradm on the console, though.

If you had to use OMA only, then I would say that you need to create a
user that will be the owner of the shared folder, then access OMA
using that user and add every user to the shared folder ACL using the
interface (type the user name in the edit box, then set the
permissions, then click "Go").

I hope this helps.

--
Jaume Sabater