Hi there!

Reading linux/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt I found the following:

  rootdelay=    [KNL] Delay (in seconds) to pause before attempting to
                mount the root filesystem

  rootwait      [KNL] Wait (indefinitely) for root device to show up.
                Useful for devices that are detected asynchronously
                (e.g. USB and MMC devices).

Now, woudl not rootwait be a better (and more correct) option than
rootdelay?  Simply reading the words above, the major disadvantage I see
is that rootwait waits indefinitely, thus there is no error if the
rootfs is not found.  Am I correct?

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca