Hi Robert

We used (and still use) the French Treebank (Paris 7 Abeille) for building
machine learning models for (pre)processing French and some of them for
OpenNLP.
I say 'still use' because the French Treebank is not always consistent and
we are trying "to correct it" in some way.

About the release of the models.
Righ now, due to an unclear corpus license, the models we build are only
available for research purpose.
We are trying to see if we can release them under Apache License.
This objective is on its way.

To download them.
We do not have yet a dedicated web page for downloading the models we built
so far (even if you may find some of them already present on the web...).
If you are interested in, I can send them to you.

Best

--
Dr. Nicolas Hernandez
Associate Professor (Maître de Conférences)