On 19 March 2012 13:37, Uhrheber <uhrhe...@gtfe.de> wrote:
> On 19.03.2012 14:21, Spencer Oliver wrote:
>
> Thank you for your quick answer.
> Than really makes things much clearer.
>
>> It will be very slow (but not that slow) without a working area
>> defined for your target.
>
> How would I do that for the PIC32MX220F032B?
> This chip has 4 memory areas with RAM, code flash, boot flash and
> configuration flash.
>
> Also I think it would be useful to initialize the PLL before
> trying to debug/flash.
> Maybe that's the reason why flashing is so slow.
>
> There's a sample board file (/board/pic-p32mx.cfg), but it
> contains only the CPUTAPID and the link to the target config.

Not tested but something like this should 'work'
Rather than use the cmd line i create a openocd.cfg containing:

reset_config srst_only
source [find interface/jtagkey.cfg]

# may need changing to suit target
set CPUTAPID 0x30938053

# set working area to suit
set WORKAREASIZE 8192

source [find target/pic32mx.cfg]

init
reset init

your target should now be ready for programming, note we used reset
init as we want to make sure the 'init' script is executed first.

Cheers
Spen