On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 09:59:02PM +0200, Peter Stuge wrote:
> ger...@openocd.zylin.com wrote:
> > Author: Paul Fertser <fercer...@gmail.com>
> > Date:   Thu May 17 23:38:25 2012 +0400
> >
> >     rtos: support FreeRTOS over stlink
> >
> >     Since stlink is a special case it presents the same CPU core under a
> >     different name, so copy the configuration to account for that.
>
> Why and how is stlink a special case? That smells like an ugly hack.

Indeed it is. One even needs to use a bunch of specifically-crafted
target configs for this interface (see target/stm32f1x.cfg
vs. target/stm32f1x_stlink.cfg) and that's the way it is currently.

I do not have a clue about the bigger picture so i'd be happy to see
the proper solution (to the particular little issue i faced) of
course.

PS: it seems that the mailing list inserted a bogus "Mail-Followup-To:
openocd-devel@lists.sourceforge.net" header to your mail making my
"Group reply" function not work properly, is this a known issue?

mailto:fercer...@gmail.com