On Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 08:09:19PM -0700, John Warren wrote:
> I'm new to openocd so bear with me.

Welcome :)

> I'd like to imbed a FT2232 onto a board I'm working on that contains
> a Cortex M0, in my case it's a nRF51xxx series chip, so it would be
> easier for the end user to re-flash for changes that cannot be
> uploaded. From what I've seen it looks like this might be possible
> with little or do glue logic.

>From what I read in "nRF51422 Product Specification v1.1" I gather it
supports SWD only, without JTAG. And unfortunately it's not yet
possible to use OpenOCD to debug via SWD using "dumb" adapters (some
experimental out-of-tree code exists).

An alternative approach would be to embed BlackMagicProbe (supports
SWD)

You'll also have to write some chip-specific code anyway (even if you
get OpenOCD to support SWD) to write to the embedded flash memory.

HTH
mailto:fercer...@gmail.com