Hi,

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 02:35:03PM +0100, Andreas Fritiofson wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 2:22 PM, Paul Fertser <[1]fercer...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>   It has an SDR 33065440 bits long (4133180 bytes) and so the "buffer is
>   not enough, report to author" message is output.
>
>   What was the reason you commented out realloc() code initially, are
>   there any gotchas that should be taken into account?
>
> I haven't looked at the code, but why not split the scan into multiple smaller
> ones as an alternative to allocating larger and larger buffers?

A typical SDR command looks like this:

SDR 32 TDI (00000000) SMASK (ffffffff) TDO (f1448093) MASK (0fffffff) ;

It has bit count, then TDI data, then SMASK (source mask, no idea what
and where it can have any meaning did the SVF standard creators really
intended for TDI to go Hi-Z here? Anyway, OpenOcd just ignores it),
the output to be observed on TDO and the mask that should be applied
both to the expected and received TDO data before comparison.

So to split the scan one would need some trickery with at least 3 file
pointers. Sounds doable but I'm not feeling like trying to do that
myself as it's non-trivial, error-prone and also I have no hardware to
test.

Jiri has also provided me with an SVF file that has 104465920 (~13M)
SDR command (targetting XC3S4000).

I think this SVF player limitation needs to be fixed, the sooner the
better. Folks seem to be really interested in flashing their FPGAs
with cheap and common adapters.

mailto:fercer...@gmail.com